Science Squad – Des Moines Library – August 20, 2011
Save the Date!
Cascades Science Center Foundation (CSCF) would like to invite the kids and families, to participate in hands-on Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) related activities at King County Science Day (Science Squad).
Who: Ideal for 8 – 12 years old kids, however both younger and older kids are welcome!
Date: Saturday, August 20, 2011
Time: 11:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Where: Des Moines Library, 21620 11th Avenue South, Des Moines, WA
Pre-Register: Contact email@example.com
Calling all science enthusiasts! The objective of this event is to expose children to scientific inquiry through hands-on science experiments. Science Squad event is a fun way for parents and kids to discover their community’s world of science! By participating in fun, hands-on activity stations, you’ll find new and exciting ways to learn about the science behind the things around us.
- Activities will span across the subjects of Biology, Physics, Environmental Science, Technology, Chemistry, Engineering and Mathematics.
- Each participating child must register (onsite) to receive a band and a “science bingo” card. He/she will get a stamp in the bingo card for completion of a particular activity.
- Children are free to complete one or all of the activities identified in the bingo card.
- Prizes will be awarded for completion of activities in certain rows and columns.
- There must be a parent or guardian present for all students (one adult can bring a group of students).
- Light snacks and drinks will be provided.
- Students do not need to prepare or bring anything.
- They should wear comfortable clothing for activities.
For more information or to volunteer for this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.